Colon Cleanse – 12 Tips For Herbal Colon Cleansing
Herbal colon cleansing is a natural way to rid your body of harmful toxins and is preferable to certain cleansing procedures as the ingredients are all natural plus this method is non-invasive. Here are some of the best herbs for colon cleansing:
1. Dandelion Root – Dandelion root has been known as an effective liver cleanser as it stimulates bile discharge. This enables the liver to release toxins into the bile from which these toxins now enter the intestines and consequently get excreted from the body in the form of feces. It also consists of essential salts needed by the body and is useful in the treatment of gall bladder wwwcbdbossus, arthritis, asthma and kidney infections.
2. Psyllium – Psyllium has very high fiber content. It increases the amount of water in the body thereby making bowel movement easier. This herb also works against digestive problems such as diverticulitis, constipation and blockage in the colon.
3. Goldenseal Root – This herb helps get rid of harmful germs that accumulate in waste matter and helps prevent inflammation in the intestines and problems associated with mucus membranes. Goldenseal root also has antibacterial properties.
4. Cascara Sagrada – Cascara Sagrada has laxative properties and considered safe in the treatment of constipation.
Capsicum. When used in combination with other herbs, Capsicum heightens the effectiveness of these herbs used in colon cleansing. It is also beneficial to the kidneys and helps prevent ulcers.
5. Fennel – Fennel seed is one of the best herb cleansers that you can use although it is not recommended for children. It arrests muscle contractions in the intestinal tract.
6. Burdock – Burdock is a natural diuretic and helps rid the body of toxins. Like the goldenseal root, it has antibiotic properties plus it is also anti-fungal.
7. Peppermint Leaf – Indigestion, flatulence and stomach upset are just a few of the problems that this herb can address.
8. Apple Fiber – Apple fiber aids digestion and is beneficial to colon health.
9. Licorice Root – This herb is an organic detoxifier and it has laxative properties. It promotes regular bowel movement.
10. Flax Seeds – Flax seeds function much in the same way as fiber does – it makes the elimination of bodily waste much easier. It also promotes good digestion.
11. Bentonite – This herb attracts metals that are harmful to the body and acts like a sponge by collecting harmful toxins.
12. Slippery Elm – Not only is this beneficial to the colon, it also has positive effects on the stomach and the intestines.
There are a many other herbs that you can use to cleanse your colon. It all depends on your location, take time to check what is available in your locality. You may use these herbs in combination with each other to make herbal concoctions, opt for herb supplements or drink them as teas.